Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Monday, January 1, 2018

The Reading Life Year in Review - 2017 - Includes A New Feature - Most Recommended Work of the Year





Of the over 250 works I posted upon last year, for the first time, one stood out as the work I was most moved by, the one I wanted most to share with serious readers.  “The Ghetto Dog” by Isiah Spiegel is a sublime work of art.  In my link you can listen a wonderful reading by Laureen Bacall.  There are those who will read for decades and never encounter such greatness.  I know this sounds hyperbolic but experience it yourself and please leave a comment.  

Year End Blog Stats for 2017

Page views since inception 5,011,695

Posts on The Reading Life -  3244

Top Countries

  1. USA
  2. The Philippines 
  3. India
  4. France
  5. UK

Of the Most viewed posts for 2017, eight are by authors from The Philippines, one from India, and one from Indonesia.

I will do at least one post soon on my 2018 plans and hopes for The Reading Life

I offer my thanks to all who leave comments, you help keep me going 

To the greatest readers in the world, my fellow book bloggers, keep blogging.



Mel u



2 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Happy New Year, Mel! Your reading and blogging statistics are as impressive as ever, a real inspiration.

Buried In Print said...

Thanks again for recommending this story: it is wonderful, just wonderful.
Happy 2018 to you!