Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, March 1, 2014

"Revenge" by Anne Enright (1991, from The Portable Virgin, 12 pages)


                                                                March 1 to April 1
Event Resources  Everyone Is Invited to Join Us for Irish Short Story Month Year III

Ways to Participate-do a post on your blog and let me know about it-I will keep a master list and I will publicize your post and blog.

If you are an Irish author and would like to be featured, please contact me.   There are several options open.

If you would like to do a guest post on my blog on anything related to Irish short stories, contact me.




Anne Enright is one of Ireland's leading writers, having won the Booker Prize in 2007 for her novel, The Gathering.  I have posted on a short story by Enright  during each of the last two Irish Short Story Months.  

Did you ever wonder why supposedly happily married couples place ads in publications like Craig's List looking for other couples to have sex with are like?  "Revenge", told from the point of view of the wife, is one woman's answer to that question.  I read the story in this very good anthology.



"This is a good story but very tame compared to my life" Carmilla

Mel u

No comments: