Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome all Book Blog Hoppers

Welcome to all Book Blog Hoppers


I will follow back all who follow me-

Every Friday Jennifer of Crazy For Books hosts The Book Blogger Hop-The Book Blogger Hop is a great chance to meet new to you bloggers, find some new blogs to follow and gain some great readers for your own blog.   Every week about 200 or so bloggers from all over the world participate.    I have found some excellent new blogs this way and gained some wonderful readers.    I follow about 500 book blogs  and am always happy to find more.   If you follow me I will follow you.

Here is Jennifer's question for this week:

"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"

When I lose a follower I admit I feel bad for a bit and I try to figure why but then I realize it most likely is that our tastes in books are very different.     I rarely will stop following a blog once I start even if the books they read are different from mine as I respect and realize I can learn from almost any book lover.      

   My blog for the last few months has been one third Asian literature, one third classics and one third short stories but I do read contemporary fiction also and even some YA once in a while.    I have various reading projects I am working on also.    My latest one is short stories by Australian writers of the 19th century and I also just read  five stories by African writers in competition for the Caine Prize.    I am very into Katherine Mansfield and Virginia Woolf.  

If you visit me please leave  a comment so I can return the visit-

I will follow all who follow me-

thanks

Mel u.

15 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm already a follower. What brought you to be interested in Japanese and other Asian literature? I haven't read much Asian literature, but I have visited Japan and Taiwan in the past two years and fallen in love with Asia. I hope to visit other Asian countries in the next few years.

Mel u said...

Alison-my interest in Asian literature is sparked in part by the fact that I live in the Philippines -I love Japanese literature as it has opened up a huge new area of reading and learning for me-I am starting slowly to expand into other Asian areas of reading-thanks for following my blog

Suko said...

Hopping by! I'm not sure I'll officially do the Hop, but what a great question this week! Once in a while, I lose a follower or two, and once in a greater while, I may stop following someone else's blog, which is due to a lack of time.

Hannah @ Every Little Thing said...

*hop, hop, hop*

Stopping by from the hop! New follower! Happy early Friday!

Hannah( I review YA)
http://abouteverything-hannah.blogspot.com

Kylie1403 said...

we had to study Katherine Mansfield for Uni and rather enjoyed her work!

Found you through the Blog Hop!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I enjoy your site and your insights, particularly the Katherine Mansfield Project! Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

Unknown said...

Once again dropping by via the Hop.

Sally Bibrary said...

Found you through the blog hop!

Sally @ LGBT Bookslut

Novroz said...

I've been following you for months :) tho I only drop comments when I know the book you are reviewing :)

By the way, I have just re-activated my blogspot blog...I'll try following you through that blog too now.

bookaddict4real said...

Hi Mel U I am looking forward to seeing your review on the books by the African writers. I wasn't aware of the Caines award so thanks for bring that to our attention.

Mary G. said...

Just Hopping by...

Check out my post over at Sparkling Reviews :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mel! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog, I'm following you back :)
Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from the hop! I've read very little Asian literature, but my interest was piqued a bit this year taking part in a global challenge. If you have some recommendations, please pass them along!
Happy weekend :)

Chazz said...

I actually like to follow blogs with totally different taste to mine, it keeps me from forgetting the other wonderful literature out in the world.
Despite my urban fantasy and paranormal romance obsession, I do feel at home when reading the classics. In fact I took all of my mothers Shakespeare books when I moved out of home. She only noticed 2 years after I moved :)

New follower here. Hope you can visit my lil corner of the web sometime.

Chazz
http://chazzhart.blogspot.com

Laura Massey said...

I find your blog refreshing. It's so easy to get caught up in all the YA craze. And don't even get me started on the paranormal romance blogs. I just can't get into most of those books. I like reading your posts on things I normally would never have heard of or found otherwise.